Madeleine Faith Williamson Pires is a British artist, currently living in Manchester, England, specialising in vibrant oil paintings which are visual metaphors of Christian spirituality.
Her art expresses her resonance with what she feels to be the source of all creative activity and energy. She explores the power and beauty of nature and metaphysical themes, keeping a balance between skilful control and spiritual intuition.
“Madeleine’s work heightens the essence of what is and pulls into vision the things that lie hidden from our view.” Christie, Wales
She did a degree in Fine Art and Visual Culture at the University of West of England, Bristol from 2000-2003 and has developed her practice in various countries since then.
Madeleine is also a musician, playing the piano and singing on a regular basis. She sings and composes Christian songs which flow naturally from her life journey. Music plays a part in fuelling and stimulating her practice as a visual artist, in a similar way that music influenced Kandinsky’s intuitive art. Go to Madeleine’s Music page for more in-depth info
Madeleine is a qualified teacher of English with experience in bilingual Early Years. She has enjoyed tutoring young people and adults in English, Art, French and Music, amongst a developing music ministry and art practice.
- born Madeleine Faith Williamson in Kent, England in 1982
- moved to the north of Scotland when she was 5
- educated at Aberlour House, Gordonstoun, Elgin Academy, Moray College, flourishing in art, languages, sport, music and performing arts
- did a BA Honours degree in Fine Art at the University of the West of England, Bristol from 2000-2003 with a dissertation in visual culture
- worked in missions, catering and education in London, Italy, Israel and Portugal, all the while developing her art practice, writing songs and leading worship from the piano at various Christian fellowships
- is a qualified teacher of English as a foreign language accredited by Cambridge University (CELTA) and taught English as a foreign language in Lisbon
- worked in a Montessori nursery and Oporto British School as a bilingual Early Years teaching assistant and piano teacher
- in January 2015 moved to Altrincham, Greater Manchester, UK with her husband and two sons, working as a private tutor in English, French, Italian, Art and Music to supplement creative projects. They now live in Lowton.
To contact Madeleine about commissioned paintings, exhibitions, concerts or to speak, play or sing at your church or community group, please contact her here.
For information about tutoring, please read her profile and check availability on Tutorful
List of Art Exhibitions:
Summer 2018: New Wine Art Gallery, Shepton Mallet
Spring 2018: Picture House, Newton-le-Willows, solo exhibition
2016-2017: The Hub Community Centre, solo exhibition, Altrincham
Summer 2016: Art in the Park, Stamford Park, The Family and Counselling Centre
Summer 2016: New Wine Art Gallery, Shepton Mallet
Summer 2015 Hale Library, Hale Festival, Altrincham French Festival
Spring 2015: Water Exhibition, Art with a Heart
January-February 2015: Altrincham Market
Autumn 2009: “Flowers” exhibition, Nottingham
Summer 2009: “Untitled” Art Fair, Chelsea Old Town Hall, London
2007-2012: Odeceixe Comunidade Criativa, Algarve: Hand-carved stones
2007-2009: Frutos de Luz “Fruits of Light” art gallery, Algarve
2005: “Creator Gallery” Ascension Balham Hill, London
2000-2003: Degree show and various exhibitions in Bristol, Bath, UK and Bologna, Italy (Erasmus)
2000: End of year exhibition, Moray College, University of the Highlands and Islands
Many thanks for your interest!